Thursday, March 02, 2006

March Madness on the Treadmill

I'm going to do something great this month. If I want the Buckeyes to do something great this month, then I need to do something great to show my support of them.

I want to take my fitness to the next level. I'm averaging a one pound loss a week. I'm not complaining about that, but I think I can do better. I keep saying I need to incorporate cardio into my life. I go to Curves three times a week, I'm doing great eating wise, but I can do more. I need to reach down deep inside and become the person I want to be. The fit person that is inside me, wanting to come out just as soon as possible.

I need to begin living the life of a fit person. And, I'm pretty sure a fit person MOVES! I mean breaks a sweat. Curves doesn't do that for me anymore.

So, to get this process going and begin to live the lifestyle I want to live, I am declaring this "March Madness on the Treadmill". The treadmill makes me sweat, just walking in the neighborhood doesn't. There are 65 teams about to be invited to the Big Dance. My sincere hope is that the NCAA allows our Buckeyes to be a part of it. So, to help support my belief that we are one of the deserving 65 teams, I will walk 65 miles on the treadmill this month. That's about 2 miles a day. Which is what I'm going to do. Every day. No excuses. 2 miles in 30 minutes. That's going 4 mph. Might not seem that much, but with my short little legs, it breaks a sweat. I want my Buckeyes to give their best...I will give my best in support of them.

On my banner, I've added a ticker. I invite you to watch me walk my way to 65 miles this month. That's 65 miles on the treadmill, more than I've done in a couple of years combined.

Go Buckeyes! Go Me!
Let the madness begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay. you've officially inspired me. tomorrow: gym. sigh.

good for you!! can't wait to see that ticker zoom to the right!