Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Hobbling Along

Day 5 on crutches and counting. Actually, I'm getting along.

The first couple days were absolute murder on my arms. The wooden, underarm crutches that I had were killing the sides of my breast (breast reduction had April 05), so I went to a pharmacy and spent $70 on some Medline forearm crutches. Best money I've ever spent! Though, I must say, these make me look very injured, or disabled if you will. There seems to be a perception of this that goes along with using these, as they are generally used for more of a permanent injury or disabilty. So, as a result of this, I'm feeling rather embarrassed using them and being seen in public on them. I know that is just ludicrous, but I think of myself as a very independent person and a shy person. I'm just not that used to the attention these seem to bring.

No comments: