Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cheers!

Cheers! I'm in the top eight of the My Favorite Things Stamping Idol competition.

This week's challenge was to use an unreleased set from My Favorite Things. It is a fun set called "Girls Night Out".

I decided to use the set title as the theme of my card, but ended up using the images in the set in a very different way than is probably the norm. The bar stools and the hanging lights are actually cocktail glasses from the set. I sketched the bar, the floor and the ladies' pants.

All images were stamped using Marvy Dye ink black onto Neenah Solar crest white cardstock, except for the lights which were stamped onto coated paper. All images were colored with Copic markers. The sketching was done with a black Copic multiliner.

Patterned paper and black cardstock were also used to create this card.

I hope you'll get the change to visit this week's competition over on the My Favorite Things forum on Splitcoast. Voting is from 10:00 pm Tuesday, March 31 through 10:00 pm Wednesday, April 1. If you like this card, or if the very least it has you singing the Cheers theme song, please vote for me. My screen name is LittleSeaOtter. Here's the live link

Thanks for all of your encouragement and cheers from the past couple weeks regarding this competition. I so appreciate your kind words.
CIMG6008

1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

This is BEYOND clever! using those cocktail glasses as lights and stools -- don't know what led you there -- but WOW, OUTSTANDING!