Sunday, March 08, 2009

The Week Flu By

This past week, I had all intentions of making a few cards and a few blog posts, but I unfortunately came down with the flu. I was so sick, I didn't even feel like stamping. Now that's sick, don't you think!?!

But, last night I did muster up some strength and desire to create an entry for My Favorite Things Stamping Idol Audition, which is a very cool competition that was announced earlier in the week. If my entry is selected among the 10 finalists, then I will get to compete each week in different challenges using MFT stamps. Doesn't that sound like fun? And, trust me...I'm much better at stamping, than singing, so this particular Idol challenge is more my speed.

All images on this card are from My Favorite Things. I used Marvy Dye black ink to stamp them onto Neenah Solar Crest White cardstock. Lots of masking was needed to complete this scene. I then colored all the images with Copic markers. I did do some stamping of the background vines/leaves/grass with Vivid Olive dye ink, Whispers Green Leaf dye ink, and Whispers Savoy Green dye ink. Lots of cutting with Cutter Bee scissors to pop up some of the leaves, and buttons were used to make coconuts on the trees. I tied the buttons with strands of twine. Various patterned paper and colored cardstock from Hollo's were also used to complete this card.

And, as it turns out, My Favorite Things is holding a Guest Designer Challenge, and the challenge was to use buttons. Don't you love it when you can combine challenges? I do believe some things are meant to be. Good luck to all those who audition!
Close-up

4 comments:

Lauri said...

GOod luck to you! I love this scene! Scenes are so time consuming to do with the masking and all and you rocked it!! Love the coconut button, too!

Diane (djuseless) said...

What an amazing job! You should definitely be in the top 10 for this one! :)

AShu93 said...

Your coloring is FANTASTIC! This most have taken forever. Good luck on winning the MFT contest. I love their stamps too & it's great to find another crafty Buckeye fan!

Jenny Gropp said...

Coloring is OUTSTANDING! Love the whole scene. Good luck to you! They would be lucky. I've been down with the flu too.... terrible stuff. Wishing us both better days!!!