Wednesday, March 11, 2009

American Art Stamp ~Rooster


American Art Stamp ~Rooster
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
I'm delighted to share this card with you. I started thinking the card was going to go one direction, and it totally ended in another way entirely. I kinda like it when that happens. It wasn't until I saw the warm, bright yellow on the blue when I thought of a creating a sun, and the rest of the card took shape.

The rooster image is from American Art Stamp. It was fun to color because the artist left so many open spaces for many colors. I colored this image with Copic markers onto coated paper. Coated paper really makes the Copic colors pop. I stamped the rooster image with Marvy black dye ink and heat set it. The sun is a circle from Nestabilities. It is actually made from a sun-patterned designer paper scrap that I had. I merely stippled on some Adirondack butterscotch dye ink and some Seashells Seashell Pink dye ink to give the sun a color gradient. Various patterned paper and colored cardstock were also used, as well as a paper piercer and ribbon.

Stay tuned for more of my creations using American Art Stamp.

1 comment:

Michelle Giraud said...

Love how the rooster turned out!