Sunday, March 01, 2009

American Art Stamp~Angel Gardening

One of the reasons I'm attracted to American Art Stamp is what I call the "long and lean" images that are available. It allows me to have fun creating a gradient of color with my Prismacolor pencils.

And, that is what I did for my very first card of the month. This card was made with this adorable gardening angel. I stamped the image with Stazon Jet Black ink onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils only (no gamsol). Patterned paper and colored cardstock were also used to create this card, along with ribbon, paper piercer, scallop punch, and a circle punch. The sentiment is also from American Art Stamp.

I utilized the layout from Weekend Sketch Challenge #70.

I think this may just end up as a Mother's Day card for mom. CIMG5857

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Awesome card!!

Michelle Giraud said...

What fantastic coloring!!! I just love the bottom of the dress - amazing results.

Megan said...

Your work is gorgeous. Beautiful coloring.