Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's Great to be with Weiners!

Last week I was honored to be named one of the ten finalists for the My Favorite Things Stamping Idol. I was elated to be among such talent.

Our competition for this week was to create something the celebrated our placement into the Top 10. I was inspired by my very own weiner dog, Sloopy....and I thought about how the word weiner sounds so similar to winner. And thus, the idea for this card was born.

I created a scene using various My Favorite Things stamp sets...the dachshund image is from Rain or Shine, the girl image is from By The SeaShore, the grass is from It's a Jungle Out There, and the celebrate sentiment is from the set Let's Go for a Walk. The saying "It's great to be with weiners" is computer generated. The dog collar was graciously donated to my cause by Sloopy, and the dog tag was traced around her dog tag. The sidewalk was sketched by me.

All images were colored with Copic Markers. Patterned paper and black colored cardstock were also used to create this card.

If you like this card, and you'd like to see some other fabulous entries go to Splitcoast. Voting is from 10 pm Tuesday, March 17 through 10 pm Wednesday March 18 in the My Favorite Things Forum. Please vote for me, LittleSeaOtter, if you like this card.

I hope I can be a weiner again next week.
CIMG5916

6 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Wonderful card! How creative!

Lauri said...

You are a huge weiner! haha! Congratulations and SO well deserved! I do not own any MFT stamps, but I will definitely go over to the forum and cheer you on!! Good luck!!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Amazing card!! I love your weiners!!! Good luck!

Michelle Giraud said...

Love your weiner dog card. I have a mini dashchund named Pepper... she's the cutest thing on earth!

Debbie said...

Love this card. Your coloring is amazing!

Jenny Gropp said...

This is... well a WEINER! Congrats on the top 10! well deserved... hope you are the big WEINER in the end! Clever and creative!