Friday, June 13, 2008

Super Sipper Summer, Version 2

I shared earlier that I needed a thank you card for the other lady that contributed to my Dick Blick gift card.

So, I've been playing around with color a lot. Looking for colors that go together, and those that don't go together. I had this image colored almost completely, and then made the error of making the couch a darker green. It looked horrible!

I'm struggling with color combinations, specifically shades of color. I'm trying to use the colors I see in patterned paper that I'm attracted to, however, I still struggle. I don't really know how to verbalize the problem, though I can say that I must remind myself that mistakes are opportunities for learning. My goodness, it seems that with all of my puttering this week, I've certainly made them.

Might be fun to show all of these mistakes sometime. Maybe I'll take some pictures.

This card...no different methodology than the other card like it....Neenah Solar white, Marvy Dye ink, and Copic Markers. Stamps from Bugawumps and from Rubber Stampede.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards ... love them both ... I find when I'm struggling with colors, I often use this website:

http://www.scraptitude.com/colorcombo/

I'm sure somewhere there is a charge connecting your copics to these colors.

I love your bright colors.