Monday, June 16, 2008

Alphabet For Joan


Alphabet For Joan
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
This is a card I made for my mentor, friend, former colleague...Joan. She was my professor at one time, and then it became my honor to work alongside her. She's retiring this month, so I wanted a special card to celebrate her special career.

The Inspiration Challenge #132 on SCS this weekend had us looking through the Acacia website. Pretty cool things. A wall picture entitled "Alphabet for Life" caught my eye, and I began generating some words and phrases that would be meaningful to Joan. In no time at all, I had my list....and then, I had to figure out how to turn it into a card.

I eventually arrived at using my computer to generate the text. Stamping everything out was just too hard to plan. Doing the text on the computer was even challenging...as the spacing in between the featured letters became difficult at times. When I FINALLY got the text the way I wanted, I then had to become friends with my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig so that I could place the square image stamp by Simply Stamped around the feature letter....26 times. Joy!

Paper is Neenah Solar White (and you don't want to ask how many pieces of this precious stuff got used before I got it right). Marvy Dye black ink, Copic markers, colored cardstock, patterned paper and ribbon were also thrown about on my workspace to make this card.

Though I'm guessing this card might leave those not in the field of literacy education scratchy their head, I know that I really like it! And, I know that she'll like it! And that's what matters.

2 comments:

laos348 said...

That is a really great idea - I like it too!!

Michele Kovack said...

What a cool card!! Clever!