Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sloopy and Gracie


Sloopy and Gracie
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
As I may have mentioned before, Sloopy goes to "daycare" when I work. This "daycare" is actually just a lady and her house. Last September, she offered to take care of Sloopy whenever I was at work, as she just loved Sloopy. Of course, I took her up on the offer, and because of her I didn't have to worry about Sloopy during the day.

In November, she bought herself a long-haired dachshund, because she wanted a dog 24/7, rather than just the weekday eight hours with Sloopy.

When I saw this stamp from Cowtown stamps, I knew I absolutely had to have it, because it reminded me so much of Sloopy and Gracie.

I decided to make a card for this lady to thank her for the peace of mind she gave to me over the school year. I used SCS Sketch Challenge #180's layout. Stamped the main image with Marvy Dye black on a scrap piece of white cardstock. I then proceeded to color the image with Prismacolor pencils (I tried using Copic markers on another attempt, and just couldn't get the coloring right). The tag and the paws are from an acrylic set from Hero Arts.

I know she is going to love this, as she loves both Sloopy and Gracie very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my this is adorable. Love how you incorporated that plaid background and the paw prints in to the card. Too cute!!