Friday, June 13, 2008

Masterpiece of a Father


Masterpiece of a Father
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
That's right. I have the best father in the world. I know everyone feels the same way about their father...but really, I do.

He's a masterpiece. So, with that thought, I decided to use this Close To Your Heart stamp set that I bought off E-bay a couple of summers ago, to create a Father's Day card for him. I stamped and masked the images with Marvy Dye black ink onto Sterling Matte Coated paper and colored with Copic markers. Boy did I struggle with the coloring, as I haven't used this paper in a couple of months. The ink pilled, and I probably wore out the colorless blender picking up the color. Note to self: Practice more with this paper.

Anyway, I decided to actually use a picture of my dad to put on the easel...as he is the masterpiece. I got the idea from the WT170 challenge, which is to somehow incorporate a photograph into your work.

The scalloped edge was cut out by me as I don't have Nestabilities (yet), nor do I have the patience for scalloped scissors. I simply traced a part of a My Sentiments Exactly package as a pattern. Worked!

Now, on to the gift. I haven't a clue. My Dad is very hard to buy for. This card was the easy part.

3 comments:

laos348 said...

What a great idea - I love the picture of your father in the easel.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card!!

Formerly known as: Queen of Bling said...

That has to be one of the cutest ideas in card making that I've seen in awhile. To inquire a photo is genius. Such a sweet sentiment.