Friday, June 27, 2008

Polar Bear Squares


Polar Bear Squares
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
I needed a break from all of my experimentation, so I thought I'd play along with Sketch Challenge #182 on SCS. I'm geometrically challenged, so let's just say I spent more time than most getting all of these squares to line up. I do like the sketch though.

I started with the patterned paper, not the image. Usually the image propels me through a card, but I thought this particular patterned paper would look very pretty. I then selected a corresponding image, the polar bear, from a company called Mostly Creatures. I stamped the image with Marvy Dye black ink onto Georgia Pacific paper. I colored the image with Copic Markers and covered the image using a Versamark pen. I then clear embossed the image. I then took a brayer and spread Big and Juicy waterfall dye ink over the panel, and then proceeded to sponge on Colorbox Wisteria chalk ink, Colorbox Ice Blue chalk ink, Brillance Pearlescent Purple Pigment ink, and Versamagic Malted Mauve chalk ink. I took a white Pen-touch pen for the dots, and added some brads and a frosty looking ribbon.

I like this. Probably the quickest card I've ever made. Please note: I'm not rushing the season by making this card. Not wanting winter to be here at all.

No comments: