Sunday, March 09, 2008

Snowed In and Stamping


Woman In Adobe Village
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
We're still digging out from the blizzard. It is so nice to be confined to the house. What's a person to do...clean or stamp?

I chose to tackle a stamp I bought last winter in Sedona. I fell in love with the image and knew it would be a doozy to color. It lived up to its expectation. But, since I have lots of time right now, I just colored away.

I colored the image, which is from a company called Stamp A Mania with Prismacolor pencils on Bristol smooth paper. The image is cut out, and the stained glass window was made using acetate and Perfect Pearls.

I doubt if this woman in this adobe village will see any snow soon. We've got it all anyway.

2 comments:

laos348 said...

Wow - that stamp is a doozy to color! You did an phenomenol job as always - I love looking at your elaborate coloring cards - they are always so inspiring.

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

wow...lots of work but beautiful. love your doggie....I have one that looks like it's twin. Oh and I found you through scs. thanks for the inspiration.