Saturday, March 08, 2008

Making My Own Green


Leprechaun Bear
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
Green is not a color you will see right now where I live.

We have just went through a blizzard Friday and today. It left 20 inches of snow, a record here. Needless to say, there is white everywhere...not a speck of green to be found. So, I needed to make something green...just to help remember the promise of spring.

Actually this card is inspired by a lovely green quilt, featured on IC118 on SCS. I had this stamp by Darcie with the quiltlike border, so I just went with it. I colored the image with Copic markers once it was stamped with Marvy Dye ink on Sterling Matte Coated paper from Arvey's.

Blizzards are good for stamping. Really.

4 comments:

laos348 said...

Cute, cute, cute - I love this one!

Jean said...

This is absolutely adorable! He's a cutie.

Kerilou said...

This is the best!! He is just adorable, and perfect coloring, once again!! Kerilou SCS

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh my gosh, this card is just adorable. I just love all your cards. Nikki x