Saturday, March 29, 2008

In Memory of the Peeps


Peep-A-Boo
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
Easter has come and gone, and so have the Peeps. Which is a good thing really. If you've been with me for the past couple of years on this blog, you know how I love Peeps. A sugar addict's dream really. So, the Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Easter Peeps are now nowhere to be found on the store shelves until late August, so maybe I can shed a few pounds. That's it, I'll blame my weight on Peeps. I think there might be a little more to it than that.

Anyway, this blog has gotten a lot less personal over the past year and has mainly just been a means of sharing my creations. I think that is okay, and really just reserve the right to talk about whatever and share whatever whenever. I do want to share for those of you that's been with me for a while that I've had a good year being back in the schools. It was a good decision, yet I'm still not where I need to be. I'm working on that as I speak and will share soon. But, some stresses have been eliminated from my life....the class I was taking is done (I got an A, worked my ass off, yet learned NOTHING), the after school class I was teaching and just dreaded doing is also over, so I'm going to be having some time now to do what I want to do. Yippee.

This week was a busy week with lots of things concluding, so I'm just now getting around to sharing these two cards I made last weekend, in response to LSC160 on SCS. The challenge was to use 3-4 stamped images, 1 piece of patterned paper, and some colored cardstock, and white cardstock to make 2 or more different cards. These are what I came up with. I had so much fun playing with a smaller focal image, as usually I'm all involved with coloring the monster images I tend to have and use.

The Peep image is from Stamp In, a store in Minnesota that I visited during my former career a couple of years ago. Also used was Canvas from SU! and Karen Foster Snap Stamps. The Peep image was stamped with Marvy Dye black and colored with Copic markers, but it didn't really require any real coloring efforts.

Bye Bye Peeps (though we'll see eachother in August, I'm sure) Hello New Life...in many, many ways.

1 comment:

laos348 said...

These peeps cards are the cutest - love them. And your blog banner makes me smile every time I look at it! Congrats on getting through the class and I hope everything ends up where you need you to be.