Monday, March 10, 2008

Lizards' Night Out


Lizards' Night Out
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
I had today off....as the city is still digging out from the snow. So, I got to participate in TLC#159 on SCS. It was for a technique called Faux Cloisonne', something I had never heard of before today. Anyway, what you do is find a page from a magazine. Stamp an image on the magazine page and gold emboss it. Cut out the image and put on a black (or other color) background.

I don't really have any magazines, so I had to revert to an old OSU football program. I found an ad from a local restaurant that was featuring appetizer samplers, complete with wings, potato skins, etc. So I stamped this lizard by Magenta all over the ad with Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. I then proceeded to cut them all out. I kinda threw them all on a black piece of cardstock, and what resulted was this card. I added some sequins for some bling, and matted the card to some gold and green cardstock. The black cardstock is lightly sponged with the Brillance Galaxy gold.

And there you have it. No coloring with pencils or Copics. Just some good old fashioned heat embossing. It was really fun to get outside my comfort zone. I hope the lizards had fun too.

No comments: