Friday, April 28, 2006

"My Girls" Are One Year Old Today

A year ago today, I was attempting to sleep in my La-Z-Boy chair, sipping water, and feeling at peace. A year ago today, I had breast reduction surgery.

Having breast reduction surgery was the best thing I have ever done for myself. I am so grateful my insurance eventually agreed to pay for it and hope that in time, this surgery will be readily covered for anyone who pursues it, because it does improve the quality of life. I hope that any of you out there who are "overly blessed" have the courage to pursue breast reduction, as I can share that since having it done, I no longer feel like a freak. I feel normal.

The date of April 28 will always be important to me. And, should my biggest fear ever come true, if they ever grow back...I will break the bank to have it done again.

No comments: