Friday, April 14, 2006

I'm "Overweight" and Very Happy About It!

What?!? Am I nuts? Read on...

Today, finally, the scale read 174. Very significant number to me. Why? Well, by weighing 174 I am out of the "Obese" category on the BMI charts and have now entered the "Overweight" category. Yahoo! Also, the number of 174 pounds was what I had to weigh last year to get approved for my breast reduction surgery. A year ago, I was starving myself to weigh 174, and I am happy to report that a year later, now at the number again, I didn't starve myself. I've discovered a new way of eating and tricking my body (more protein, no sugar) and I do think I can keep this way of eating for the rest of my life.

If you've been following the sidebar of this blog from the beginning, you'll know that I set 174 as my minigoal, with my reward being an iPod. Well, as of tonight, I am the proud owner of an iPod Nano. I'm psyched!

Notice too, that the journey is not over. There's a new minigoal along the sidebar along with a very sweet reward for accomplishing it. More on that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you at reaching the goal. I need something like this to give myself a jump start in the right direction.