Sunday, April 09, 2006

Crafty Weekend


Sketch Interpretation
Originally uploaded by Buckeye.
Here are the two cards I have to show for my weekend rubberstamping efforts. I'm kinda happy with both. They are both my loose interpretations of the weekly sketch challenge on 2 Peas. The Garden Girl took hours because of me being so layout challenged, but the second one didn't take much time at all.


"Scraps"

We had stamp club today too, and our mission was to create cards using just scraps. The person leading today's session brought in a huge amount of already stamped and colored images, papers, embellishments, etc. We do this once a year and give our finished products to a nursing home. I was really frustrated last year trying to put things together, but this year it seemed a bit easier. Maybe, just maybe, layouts are becoming easier. Nah, just a moment of insane thinking there. But, what really struck me was this lady's "scraps". (See photo) Totally gorgeous. She says she just gets going on a technique and just likes to play. She doesn't even bother constructing the cards. Me, I'm just the opposite. I try things, throw away, but I want to end with a finish product. She's all about the process, not the product. Hmm. I've got to think about that. I'm guessing it is freeing.


Pretty easy week at work, or "at home" as I'm sure I'll choose. I'll take it!

No comments: