Sunday, February 12, 2006

What's My Name?

I've been struggling of late as to how to introduce myself to you all. Specifically, with my name.

The owner of this blog (me) is listed as "Little Sea Otter". My Flickr account is listed as "Buckeye", because I was lucky enough to have that name still available to me when I created an account. However, I can assure you that my name is neither Little Sea Otter or Buckeye, though I wouldn't mind either, LOL. I've been leaving some blog comments as "KH", which are my initials.

I'm hesitant to share my first name, because it is very uncommon. And, it is not that I want to keep it from you, it is just that I don't want anyone I know in real life to do a Google search and then this blog show up. I guess I want to feel free enough to say what I want to say, bitch about what I want to bitch about, and just be me. Right now, if you do a search on just my first name, some websites with my specific first and last name come up on the first page of results. Also, if you do an image search with my first name, my picture comes up. So, I've got a rare name and have a career where I'm somewhat known in my field.

I hope, hope, hope you all understand this. If I had a name like Karen, Jennifer, or Susan, I'd use it in a heartbeat on this site. But for now, please feel free to call me Little Sea Otter, Buckeye, KH, or Kay (that's my middle name).

No comments: