1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? I touched Jimmy Pankow's hand after a Chicago concert, and I visited the states of Texas and South Dakota for the first time. I was in Texas for the Ohio State vs. Texas game, and was in South Dakota because of work.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I, like every year since 1990, vowed to lose weight. I lost about 20 pounds, twice this year, but I find myself on the high end again. I struggle immensly with this whole
lifestyle change. Aaah! But, I'm committed to doing it right in 2007...consistently, so that I can have a different resolution for 2008.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What places did you visit? Too many to mention. Football and my job took me to several locations, as well as a vacation to Niagara Falls.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A regular sleep schedule, no travel committments for my job, and a fit body.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Hmm. Well, November 18th was rather important, as my beloved Buckeyes beat scUM, 42-39.
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? I can't think of a response to this one. Pretty sad, really.
9. What was your biggest failure? Getting back on caffeine. Ugh! I had it licked.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yep. I had a stress fracture in my foot. Spent March on crutches and in a boot.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Sloopy, I think. Though she's not here yet.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Heisman trophy winner Troy Smith, and the rest of the Ohio State Buckeyes. I'm so proud of them!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? There are some things at work that are being ignored. If they continue to be ignored, I'm thinking the problems will get worse.
14. Where did most of your money go? Ohio State Football, Rubberstamping, and my mortgage. (I cringe to think of the order there...so I placed them in random order).
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Ohio State beating Texas and Iowa in September. Those huge victories really set the tone for the rest of the season.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Unwritten, by Natasha Bedingfield. (located on the sidebar if interested in listening to). I think the lyrics really hit me and are quite relevant to my life.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? depends on the day and time.
b) thinner or fatter? about the same (ugh!)
c) richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercise! I just didn't want to move much this year.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? spend less time on the internet. I can, and do, spend many hours surfing aimlessly. Searching what? I must ask myself. What is missing from my own life that I'm searching for.
20. How did you spend Christmas this year? I went to my parents. My dad had a nasty stomach virus though, so it wasn't that jolly. I'm just glad he's feeling better.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Haha! No. Sadly, no.
22. How many one-night stands? None of your business, but I'm sure you can guess accurately if you really wanted too.
23. What was your favorite TV program? I enjoy "My Name is Earl" but I'm not liking it at 8:00 this season. I'm not ready for television so early. I'm inspired by "The Biggest Loser".
24. What did you do for your birthday in 2006? Went to a Chicago concert in Rising Sun, IN. Touched Jimmy's hand. Caught Keith's guitar pick. Was one of the greatest days of my life.
25. What was the best book you read? "Charmed Thirds" by Megan McCafferty. Love me some Jessica Darling and Marcus Flutie.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Didn't discover anything really. I tend to listen to the oldies...70's and 80's music. LOL!
27. What did you want and get? A win against scUM. A way better Curves, thanks to the new owner.
28. What did you want and not get? Cheap gasoline prices??? I don't know. I usually get what I want. And, my Buckeyes this year surely gave me what I wanted.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? I don't really watch movies. Sorry.
30. Did you make some new friends this year? Friends? No. Acquaintances? Yes.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More sleep on a regular basis. And, a slimmer, healthier body. These are two things I can control.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Elastic.
33. What kept you sane? My faith (?) that things will get brighter.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I don't know.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The war. Our very messed up school funding issues.
36. Who did you miss? I'm not going to say his name.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Call me crazy, but I think my periodontist.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. I'm starting to realize, that if I want it...I've got to do it.
I'm hoping for a good 2007 year. I feel as though everything around me is great (the Buckeyes), but I personally am in a slump. I'm sluggish. I'm lazy.