Friday, July 28, 2006

Stamping and Football Together

It is a great thing when my two passions (Football and Stamping) meet.

When I originally signed up the the California ATC swap on PCMB, I thought I would do some sea otter ATCs. But then I looked at the hoard of rose stamps I have and decided that I could certainly make some Rose Bowl ATCs since the game is held in Pasadena, CA.

As I made them, I couldn't help but think back to the memory I have of the Rose Bowl. 1997. Joe Germaine to David Boston for the winning touchdown. It was just awesome. That was the first bowl game I ever attended, and it was special to see the Buckeye's curse of not being able to win the big game lifted.

If I am ever at the Rose Bowl again (which I better be!), I definitely want to participate in the last minute float preparations. The Rose Parade was just goregous! I wasn't too keen on going initially because we had to get up at 3:00 am to get on the bus to go, but wow, was it worth the $50. I no longer watch the parade on TV, because it just doesn't do it justice. You know, you can actually smell the floats as they go by. Such an awesome experience.

No comments: