Tuesday, July 11, 2006

June In Review, Though Late

It just dawned on me that I didn't do this for June. Better late than never, they say.

Best Day~June 30th. Yes, it took until the end of the month to actually have a good day. June 30th was the day M and I went to see Chicago in concert. It really can't be considered summer if I don't get at least on Chicago concert under my belt. It was hard actually getting to the concert. Left my house at 4:10 and didn't get to dinner (which was a mile from the concert) until 6:10. Now mind you, I live about 45 minutes away from the venue, but with the beginning of the holiday weekend and the idiotic planning that put George W. Bush in town for a fundraiser, we thought we'd never get there. But, once we finally did get there, I sat back and enjoyed Jimmy's wiggling hips. Drool.

Biggest Accomplishment~I'd say just basic survival at work. I posted a few weeks ago that I doubt I'll be working there in the future. That thought remains present, though I don't really know what else I would do. I *need* to work there this year to get football tickets and time off for traveling to the away games. And next year, I really really want to go to the Washington game, so that's going to need some time off too. Hmmm. I'll figure something out. Also, important to note that I made it back to Curves during this month.

Biggest Surprise~S calling.

Areas of Learning~I really liked hearing Katie Wood Ray talk about organization in writing. Lots to think about there. And, I've learned how much I like the look of layering and framing when I make cards.

Books Read~Slowly making my way through "The Creative License" by Danny Gregory.

Looking Ahead To July~Well, since it is already halfway over at the time of this post, let's just say I'm looking forward to some weight loss during the second half of the month.

No comments: