Sunday, August 20, 2006

Wild,Wild, West Swap


Wild Wild West
Originally uploaded by Buckeye.
I am getting ready to send the 10 cards I made for a "Wild, Wild, West" swap over at PCMB. I have been sort of a collector of southwest images because I always envision making southwestern-like cards for Christmas if the Buckeyes ever find themselves playing in the desert (which will hopefully be the case this year!).

Anyway, I learned a lot with this swap. I focused on colors, meaning what colors look nice with other colors. Once again, I found layouts challenging since I always have a main image on which to focus. I learned that having a main, big focal image is just fine, but I can use background stamps on some of the frames to add more interest and depth.

I invite you to check out all 10 cards over on my Flickr stream .

1 comment:

Vintage Papers said...

oh I love this! the colors, design and texture are awesome and the image too! great work!