Monday, June 05, 2006

Incorporating

I've got some things I need to incorporate into my daily life. Here goes:

My IPod ~ Yes, my IPod. I worked very hard losing weight to meet the goal of getting one, but yet, I haven't really incorporated it into my life. I'm a fool, really. But right now, I simply listen to the radio, or on the computer, and definitely in the car. But, I can't really figure out when I should be listening to the IPod. Maybe when I stamp? Maybe I should be taking walks and listening to it then? (though I'm not quite ready to pound the pavement or treadmill). When I travel (ie, airports, subways, etc). I don't know. It just hasn't become a part of my life as I thought it would. Of course, it took me years to get used to having a cell phone, and I'd say I hadn't really put it to good use until about six months ago.

Curves ~ I went back to Curves tonight. Whoa! Things have changed. New owner, new managers, new dressing room, new water machine. Maybe I should go away for three months again. Honestly, I think all of these changes are for the better, because I have been known to bitch in the past about how crappy my local Curves was. I'm excited to know that they want to revamp things a bit, update the look, have contests with prizes (wow!), etc. I shouldn't have any problem getting back into the swing of working out at Curves three nights a week, but I will admit I will miss the extra 45 minutes of the day I experienced not being able to work out.

Water ~ I'm not getting enough water. I drink way too much Diet Coke/Coke Zero. I'm excited that a Giant Eagle *finally* opened in our suburb so there is a good chance I can start stopping by the store and getting me some of their yummy flavored water. Hey, it's a start.

Cleaning ~ I put that in for my Mom, not that she even gets on a website, let alone this one. But seriously, I have a hard time maintaining a clean, organized house. I'd much rather veg and surf the internet. Or stamp. Or something, anything!

Reading ~ I'm such a hypocrite. I'm averaging one book a month, if that. And I've got some good books lined up on the "To Read Stand".

Okay, this list is making my head spin. Better get off the computer and start incorporating!

No comments: