Sunday, January 27, 2008

Warm Hello Penny Black


Warm Hello Penny Black
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
This is another card I made for a swap...this one being a Penny Black swap over on SCS.

Little did I know, that this dog right now represents my life. I find myself babysitting a not-potty trained 5 month old dachshund for a friend, along with Sloopy. So this mischievious little Penny Black dog represents what I'm experiencing in my real life...times 2! I don't think next Monday at 6:00 can get here quick enough.

Anyway, I'm pleased with this card, though I did bend the rules and not use any embellishments. I just didn't feel it needed any. I find that holds true with many larger images. The stamp is from Penny Black and it is called "Naughty or Nice?" and on the actual wood-mounted stamp, the colors are with red and green. I wanted to make this a winter type card, not a holiday card. I think I pulled it off by just using shades of blue.

Stamped on Sterling Matte Coat from Arvey's, using Marvy Dye ink. Colored with Copics. The sentiment is from an acrylic set from Hero Arts. White Pen-Touch pen used for the dots along the blue.

6 comments:

AJ said...

This is so adorable!!
I just love the whole thing, the colors are fabulous!! great card!

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

It's perfect. I don't think it needs any embellishments either. Your fellow swappers are going to love it!

Lastel said...

Really cute card , love the colors used !

Lesly said...

This is too cute!

laos348 said...

I LOVE this stamp, it's one of my favorite snowman stamps. The card looks fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I love the snowman and the dog, Where did you get it.