Monday, May 28, 2007

Spring Time Blogger's Swap

A few months ago, I signed up to participate in Sarah's Spring Time Blogger's Swap over on Splitcoast Stampers. You may recall, I made a card with a Rabbit on it.

Anyway, believe you me when I say that I was overwhelmed with the beauties that were in the return envelope for me. Just gorgeous creations.

I sit and look at them often. I just love having actual cards in my hand. So much better than seeing just a photo in a gallery and a blog.

Thank you ladies for creating such amazing pieces of work! Though I wish my readers could see them in person like me...lucky me...I will show you what I received:

Starting with our hostess, Sarah. Just look at the this uplifting card where the sentiment reads "spread your wings". Sarah bleached the Just Johanna bird image and then watercolored it. Thanks Sarah!
Sarah's Card

Next, we have this beautiful card from Connie. The photo here does not do this justice, so I urge you to go to her blog to get further details and see a much better picture of this. I absolutely love the layout of this card. It opens where you see the white in the middle of the card. So creative and different. And, the sentiment rings so true. More and more, I'm loving purple, green and yellow together, and I believe that Connie's card is the reason for that. Thanks Connie!
Connie's Card

This next card, is just delightful. It is by Anne Marie. The purple and the pink just sparkle in real life. This card makes me want more punches, that's for sure to have windows such as this one. The simplicity of the card is quite elegant. Anne Marie was even kind enough to provide some extra images that were related to the card as well as an envelope ready to send off. Thanks Anne Marie! Anne Marie's Card

Terri's card just screams spring with these beautiful pastel colors. Terri is a patterned paper genious in terms of layout and the little details that pull a card together like her great ribbon work, and how she turned silver brads into white brads using white embossing powder. The glittered sentiment is made with Dazzing Diamonds glitter. Thanks Terri!Terri's Card

And last, but not least, I was lucky to receive a card made by Nancy. This is not patterned paper you are looking at. Nancy stamped the flower image expertly onto the colored cardstock and used a white gel pen for the accents. She then cut and assembled. What a beautiful card! Thanks Nancy! Nancy's Card

So there you have it! Creations from some of rubberstamping's finest. I was thrilled and honored to be a part of such a talented group. Please, visit their blogs for inspiration. I know I have been doing so lately.

No comments: