Sunday, May 20, 2007

More VSN Fun


Monochromatic Green
Originally uploaded by Buckeye.
Have a couple more of my creations to share for SCS's VSN.

The lily of the valley card is a large background stamp from Northwoods. Can you believe I picked it up last summer on clearance for a ridiculously low price, like around $4, at a stamp store in Ft. Wayne?

Anyway, I thought this image would be a perfect one for the challenge to create a monochromatic card. The image is stamped with Versamark Watermark and heat embossed using clear fine detail powder. Then, of all things, I rubbed Brillance Pearlescent Lime Pigment ink all over the card. I used Brilliance Moonlight White reinker to "paint" the flowers and add highlighting to the leaves.

A sweet lady from Atlanta emailed me this technique, and this was my first attempt. I like the result, though I think it could be perfected a bit more.

Black-Eyed Susan ArtistThe second card I'm sharing is my creation from the challenge to use the colors from a black eyed susan. Well, as you can imagine, I had to use Google Images to even know what one looked like, as I'm not the flower person at all. The challenge shared that when they run the Preakness in Maryland, black eyed susans are not yet in bloom, though I'm taking that they are the race's official flower. Anyway, they have to dye daisies. Wow! Little bit of trivia I didn't know, and was certainly the springboard for this card.

Main image is from Stampotique. Easel is from Close to My Heart. Daisy "painting" is from Hero Arts. As is my trend lately, I stamped images with Marvy Black Dye, colored with Copic Markers and shaded with Prismacolor pencils.

Don't know if I have enough time to get any more challenges in for VSN, but I've appreciated the opportunity to get the creative juices flowing. I hope I get to keep creating into the week.

No comments: