Thursday, August 07, 2008

A, B, Cupcake, D, E, Football....


C is for Cupcake
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
C is also for "Classroom", the classroom that I need to start thinking about what I'm going to do this year.

Earlier this summer, I signed up for an alphabet inchie swap thinking that I might be able to use these in some way in my Kindergarten classroom. I may not have a classroom ready, but I'll have inchies!

I had the fun opportunity to create inchies for the letter "C" and the letter "F". It is kinda funny how when you sign up for a swap you have ideas that never quite materialize, for one reason or another. I was going to make a "cactus" and a "fish", but ended up with a "cupcake" and a "football".

I decided on "cupcake" because as I was looking for a small cactus stamp, I stumbled upon this cupcake image from Inkadinkadoo. I've had this stamp for so long...way before cupcakes were all the rage, so I just went with it. The letter is a Snap Stamp from Karen Foster.

When I found out I would be sending this swap to California, I changed my "fish" into a "football". I thought it would be appropriate to send a little scarlet and gray out west. In just over a month, my beloved Buckeyes will be out there playing "The Game of the Year", or at least that's what the media is calling it right now. Anyway, the football image is from a College Kids Stamp Kit. The letter "F" is from a very cool collegiate alphabet stamp set from All Night Media.

Both the cupcake and the football were stamped with Marvy Dye ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. Both images were colored with Copic markers and then some highlighting done with Prismacolor pencils.

Tomorrow, I plan on returning to my "C"lassroom and begin to "F"igure out what to do.
F is for Football

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO cute... I love these inchies!

Anonymous said...

These are darling!! They would be perfect for the inchie challenge on our new blog!! Come join in the fun!! :)

www.drsdesignsblog.blogspot.com