Sunday, February 17, 2008

Inspiration Bird


Inspiration Bird
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
This is my take on Inspiration Challenge 115 on SCS. The inspiration piece is from Charley Harper's art. I wasn't really in the mood for lots of pieces, but I wanted to remain true to the theme of birds, so I inked up this never before inked stamp by Stamps Happen. I stamped the main image with Marvy Dye black. I used Sterling Matte Coated paper and colored with Copic Markers. Once again, I find myself layout challenged, but I'm not going to stress to much on this one, as I really just wanted to have the image be the main focal point without lots of distractions. The one piece of beige cardstock helping to frame the main image was stamped repeatedly with a water stamp from A Stamp in Hand with Vivid Dye Taupe ink. I think it accomplished a kind of nesty feel to it. Anyway, I have no idea of what to do with this card, but it reminds me of spring. And this time of year, that's a good thing.

1 comment:

laos348 said...

I need a good reminder of spring too! You did a lovely job with this. The coloring is fantastic and I like that you kept the bird the main image - it looks just right that way.