Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hard For Me To Say I'm Sorry


Hard For Me To Say I'm Sorry
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
This is for LSC156 on SCS. The challenge was to use your own handwriting on the card in some way.

I immediately thought of this stamp from Penny Black. I wanted to play around with paper piecing with notebook paper. I did some cutting, and of course, stamped the image with Marvy Dye black on Sterling Matte Coated paper. Colored the mouse with Copic markers. I was thinking about writing, "Just a Note", and then I started to think about the Chicago song, "Hard to Say I'm Sorry", and I ended up with this. I really like the crumbled paper as an embellishment.

The first part of the sentiment was stamped using Karen Foster Snap Stamps (why, oh why did they discontinue these?) and then I wrote "I'm Sorry" on the notebook paper.

2 comments:

laos348 said...

This is really cute! I didn't do this challenge because I don't like my handwriting!

Mandy said...

Wow, this card is Fab!