Monday, July 30, 2007

Sea Otter With Kelp


Sea Otter With Kelp
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
Well, you all certainly know that I will never complete a challenge on the day it is posted, but I'm just happy to participate, whenever I get the motivation and inspiration to do so.
This particular card uses the "tent topper" sketch, which happens to be Sketch Challenge 134 over on Splitcoast.
I had the idea that this might be a great sketch to use a sea otter stamp and show the ocean floor below. I like how I finally got to use some "kelp", or you can call it fiber I bought at Joann's well over a year ago because I thought it looked like kelp.
Sea otter is a PSX stamp stamped in Marvy Dye Black on HP Laser Paper. Colored with Copic markers and pop-dotted. The ocean is a scene I created using an Inkadinkadoo acrylic set I bought this spring in South Dakota. I basically just used dye ink to stamp the scene, and stippled the ocean floor and the water. Used a white gel pen to do some highlighting.
M said to me, "oh, I like this one." So, wonder what he really thought of some previous cards I've shown him?

1 comment:

Michele Kovack said...

I adore this card! I love your "kelp!" It really does look like seaweed!