Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Inspirational Mother Nature


Cover
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
If you can believe this (I certainly can't), I am in the final four of the My Favorite Things Stamping Idol.

This week, the challenge was to create with the colors pink and brown, and pay some type tribute to an inspirational woman.

I decided to pay tribute to Mother Nature. As a stamp artist, I use Mother Nature as inspiration for almost everything I create. I study photos to determine colors, shading, and scenes.

This is a book I created using My Favorite Things stamps exclusively, along with my new Bind-It-All machine. I colored all images with Copic markers and stamped these images with Marvy dye black ink. Brayers, dye ink, emboss resist...every technique I know was thrown into this book somehow I believe. If you have a question on how I created a particular page, just leave me a comment and I'll send you the details.

I do hope you'll hope on over the My Favorite Things forum on Splitcoast. The voting is live from 10:00 pm Tuesday, May 5 through 10:00 pm Wednesday, May 6. I hope even more that you vote for me. Thanks!

2 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

Of course you are in the finals!!!!Again -- you get a 10 for creativity! What a great card!

Crissy Armstrong said...

THis is truly creative and inspiring! Wow, what a unique and wonderful design!