Sunday, October 05, 2008

A Classic


A Classic
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
I'm glad I was able to participate a little bit in World Card Making Day, as it has been a while since I've had the chance to make a card. Seems like making a card during the week is impossible, so I was grateful to have a weekend. I was able to complete the sketch challenge, WCMDSC08, on SCS.

I decided to ink up a Stamps Happen image for this particular card. You know the drill...Memento ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock, colored with Copic Markers and Prismacolor pencils. I had a lot of false starts on this, as I just couldn't get the image to look right. I was using the suggested shading on the label, but as with all Stamps Happen stamps, patience and a little luck are required. I think I was just anxious to see a finished product.

I do like having this masculine card now in my stash, as it might serve as my dad's birthday card next month.

Speaking of a classic, how about the game last night? A thriller. I'm proud of the toughness and tenacity both teams showed during the fight (good for the conference), and I'm guessing the game will become an ESPN Instant Classic. Gotta love getting a victory in Madtown.

No comments: