Sunday, September 07, 2008

Thanks for the Flowers


Thanks- School Themed
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
I actually received some flowers last week. Can you believe it? They were from the school where I taught last year and they were sent to wish me a great year this year at my new school. So very thoughtful. I was touched.

This card was made using some Paper Studio clear stamps I picked up at Hobbylobby a couple weeks ago. I stamped the apple image, the ruler image and the stars with Marvy dye black ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. I colored them with Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils. I made the "thanks" with an Olivia Cuttlebug die. Patterned paper, colored cardstock and ribbon were also used. I did some paper piercing and doodling too. Just a lot going on with this card, but it was fun to create nonetheless. Truth be told, I'm procrastinating getting ready for work tomorrow.

Anyway, the end result looks like something from Mary Englebreit. I guess that's good.

And the opposite of good would be my favorite team. They looked terrible yesterday, and will probably get their ***** kicked at USC on Saturday.

No comments: