Monday, July 21, 2008

Hang In There WS Monkey


Hang In There WS Monkey
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
This card is symbolic in a way, as I find myself trying to "Hang In There".

Last week, I traveled to Milwaukee to attend the Copic Certification class. Though I really don't want to bash anyone's efforts, let's just say that I learned a ton more taking a Copic class from Colorin'Kate last year. I can say that on *my* blog, right? If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't go, or I'd go and just hang out a day or two with Colorin'Kate.

Coming back from Milwaukee was a treat, not. Due to storms and mechanical issues with the plane, every passenger including myself missed their connecting flight. So, I had to spend the night in Detoilet. I was given a free room by Northwest and was treated very nicely, probably because I wasn't wearing my scarlet and gray. This whole experience made me feel so fortunate to not be traveling anymore for my job. I don't miss it one bit.

And, arriving home, I brought back mementos from my trip. This monkey stamp and leaf stamp from Whipper Snapper, which I purchased at Creative Pals, and a lovely cold. I hate summer colds. I'm trying to flush it out of my system by drinking plenty of liquids and eating bananas like this monkey, but it still has a hold of me. Uugh! Right now, I'm thinking about buying stock in Advil.

Anyway, this card was made by stamping the monkey and the leaves and the Hero Arts sentiment with Marvy Dye black ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. I colored the monkey and leaves using Copic Markers and Prismacolor pencils, using nothing I learned in Milwaukee. Hehe! I drew the banana, as I have some lying around to look at.

I also need to "Hang In There" because I'm in a funky mood. This past weekend was my 20th High School class reunion. I didn't go because of three reasons: the thirty pounds I didn't lose, my pathetic relationship status, and this lovely germ I'm hosting. Occasions such as this makes one pause and think about where they are in life. Where am I?

1 comment:

Becca said...

I hope you are feeling much better. Your cards are adorable. Love them all.