Monday, September 11, 2006

5 Years Ago

Though I have many things to share right now, as I've been rather busy, I am chosing not to do a typical post today. The things I write about in this blog are pretty insignificant and trivial in the whole scheme of things, and I want to show absolutely no disrespect.

Today is September 11. Like everyone, I remember what I was doing when I heard the news five years ago. I could share that, though what I really remember was going to bed that night, though not really sleeping much if any, thinking that I had lived a good 31 years of not being afraid and was very thankful for them. I knew my life would never be the same after that day. What was incomprehensible a mere 24 hours prior was now a reality.

I truly dread September 11 every year now, because it brings up the memories to the forefront of my mind. Not that I forget on the other days of the year, but when it is September 11, I mourn the lives lost, and the innocence that we all lost.

And today, on September 11, 2006 like I have on September 11, 2002, September 11, 2003, September 11, 2004, and September 11, 2005, I thank God another attack hasn't happened.

No comments: