Saturday, October 18, 2008

Birthday Cruisin


Birthday Cruisin
Originally uploaded by Buckeye
I needed a birthday card for M, and earlier in the week he shared with me that he just bought a used scarlet convertible (I've yet to see it). So, I thought this Peanuts stamp by Stampabilities was the perfect image for a card, especially since I wasn't really in the mood to do much shading and blending.

I took a look at LSC190 on SCS, and the challenge was to use eyelets, the color blue, one sheet of patterned paper, one ribbon, no cuttlebug/punches, etc on the card.

So, I dug through my stash and found this map from a rental car company that I was given way back in 1996/97 when I went to the Rose Bowl. You can actually see Pasadena marked on the map in the upper right. The tag is not a punch, it is an actual stamped image from Rubber Soul. I used eyelets for smoke coming out of the exhaust, as well as filled in those eyelets with Tulip Puffy Paint.

I colored the image with Copic markers. Stamped with Memento ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock.

Though two days late, I gave it to M. He loved it. Wonder when I'll get to see the car?

No comments: