Saturday, June 07, 2008

Content

The word of the weekend is content. I'm so relieved that summer vacation is here. I love the thought of having almost three months off. And too, I'm excited about my Kindergarten job (I received the key to the room on Thursday).

I'm also content because I have lined up some Ohio State Football tickets for the fall. Now, mind you, the hardest part about not working at the University was saying goodbye to my tickets. However, two of my former coworkers have very graciously sold me their tickets, so I'm good to go for fall. And that, is certainly reason too for my contentedness. (Is that a word? If not, it should be).

Anyway, I thought it might be fun to create two very similar cards using Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #51, and compare my coloring with Prismacolor pencils only to Copic Markers only.

First card pictured is colored with Prismacolor pencils. I really like how the stem and leaves turned out on this one. I stamped the House Mouse image with black Stazon onto Strathmore Bristol Vellum and colored using just the colored pencils. Even did the "wash" with colored pencils too.

The second card pictured is colored with Copic Markers. Not bad, though I'm not quite going for the lemony look of the petals. Oh well. Stamped the image with Marvy Dye black ink onto Neenah Solar white paper.

Very nice and relaxing to color again. Another reason for my contentedness...and I didn't have to think much, since the sketch was provided. I did learn in the design class to not feel guilty or unoriginal for using sketches.Content with Copic Markers


2 comments:

Cathrine StClair said...

These are both lovely. You do a wonderful job coloring.

I'm struggling to find the perfect Copic yellow myself.

Anonymous said...

Wow wow, what a great stamp and the way you colored it rocks!!!!!